Burjatik d.o.o. is committed to our clients, employees, community and environment. We aim to achieve corporate social responsibility and to contribute to a sustainable society and to sustainable tourism. We stimulate more awareness among our clients and motivate them towards more sustainable travel behavior.
Burjatik d.o.o. is committed to:
- use properly trained local guides and provide a sustainable service without reducing quality;
- avoid carbon dioxide emissions;
- properly handle the waste we produce;
- buy less. When buying to give preference to products that have been produced with respect for people and the environment, as well as to service providers who have implemented a sustainability policy; and check their label, for example, FSC, European Ecolabel, The EU organic food label, Fair Trade
- apply the 4 R’s Rethink, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle;
- have a water and electricity saving program and “switch-off policy”;
- promote the natural heritage we have and the importance of taking care of it.
- promote the “principle of sustainability” among our customers, and suppliers;
- advice customers to buy locally and promote artisan and craft products by explaining how proceeds benefit the destination by reducing leakage;
- offer our customers the opportunity to support the community development initiatives by donating;
- regularly train our staff on quality issues and tourism sustainability;
- comply with the regulations governing the touristic activity, specifically those referring to the environment, wildlife, archaeological heritage and social security;
- ask our clients to be sensitive to local traditions and culture;
- create opportunities for students through internships & training schemes;
- provide clear information to clients about how to respect local culture nature and the environment;
- offer only tours and activities which respect local natural and community welfare;
- not to discriminate on account of gender, race, age, disability, ethnicity, religion/ beliefs of sexual orientation;
- promote local public transport or cycling and walking routes to customers and inform them about the sustainability impacts;
- advice clients to carry their own reusable water bottle;
- advise clients to eat in local restaurants or farms and taste local dishes.